FAQ’s About Wildlife Removal

How much does animal removal cost?

Prices will vary depending on where you are located (immediate service area or outside of it). A service call fee covers the initial inspection and set up, as well as all daily return trips to check traps. An animal removal fee is charged for each animal removed.

What areas do you service?

We service Kent County and the immediate surrounding areas of Sand Lake, Michigan. See the Procedures page for specific cities.

When I call, how fast can you respond with treatment?

In some cases, it will be the same day. We aim to get to all new customers within 24-48 hrs of the initial call.

Can I make an inspection appointment for a specific time?

We try to work with all schedules. As long as it is reasonable we should be able to make it work.

What should I expect During an inspection?

On average, inspections take about an hour. The inspection covers checking the outside of the home for critter evidence, as well as the attic if needed. Pictures of problem areas will be taken. All information will be reviewed at the end of the inspection with the proposed solution.

I’m not going to be home. can you still do the work?

We like to be able to meet the homeowner during the initial visit when possible. If you aren’t able to be home, in most cases we can still proceed and find what we need to during the outside inspection. If you cannot be home, we do ask for a valid credit card to apply the service call fee to.

What training or qualifications do you have?

I have 14 years of in field experience. I worked for Critter Control for 10 years in which I became a Certified Wildlife Technician.

Do you have permits, licenses and insurance?

Yes, I am licensed and insured following all state regulations. I carry all necessary permits associated with my line of business.

Do You offer repairs?

Yes. After the inspection, a written estimate will be provided for any recommended repairs. The types of repairs suggested will help prevent future issues.

Are Repairs guaranteed?

Yes, unless marked as temporary, repairs are guaranteed for one year.

Is commercial pest control safe for children and pets?

There are always risks associated with using pesticides, but we proceed with caution. Most pesticide is placed out of reach of any children or pets. Any that need to be placed in accessible areas will be in a locked container to help prevent children and pets from getting to them.

What do you do with the animals once they are captured?

We relocate and release animals whenever possible. If a critter doesn’t appear well, or is too young to relocate on it’s own, we work with wildlife rehab centers to help give the critters the best chance of survival.

Do you pick up orphaned animals?

No. In most cases the animal is not actually orphaned. It is best to just let it be as mom will come back for it. If the animal is indeed orphaned, I would recommend contacting a wildlife rehab center to assist.

What is your billing process?

Our service call fee is due at the time of the inspection. For trapping, we can collect the final fee for critters removed at the end of the trapping agreement. Repair fees are due at the time of the repairs being done.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Cash, Check, Credit Card

Why should I hire Madd Hatter Critters when I could attempt to do it myself?

We are professionals and know how to handle situations regarding wildlife; we know the habits of the critters and the proper way to remove them. Trying to do the job yourself may actually cost more money in damages or in going to the emergency room. 

What’s the difference between a “Wildlife Removal Company” and a “Pest Control Company”?

As a wildlife removal company, we work with larger critters such as bats, raccoons, squirrels, skunks etc. A pest control company focuses more on smaller critters / insects such as spiders, ants, roaches, etc. We do help with removal of small critters such as mice and wasps.

For more information on skunk removal or to schedule an appointment, call Madd Hatter Critters at (616) 250-3370.

Communities Served

  • Grand Rapids
  • Rockford
  • Ada
  • Grandville